Thursday, July 3, 2014

My life in a blog post: plans & changes

Wow. Wow. Wow. Where do I begin? I’ve moved to another city. So much has changed. Sometimes I don’t recognize that girl in the mirror anymore. I bought Folgers to economize?????? Sometimes I drink beer instead of a fruity cocktail, and furthermore, I've gained more than a few (still look mostly the same, but that could be a bit of the recognition/mirror issue?) (Is that because of the beer?). I’ve met some amazing people who have changed my life, one of which was featured in its own post “They met online.” If you haven’t read it yet, you should really consider checking that out. It’s a whirlwind of emotions, so don’t forget that Kleenex. 

Not everything has panned out the way I planned. I originally planned on shouting, "Take me to the jazz!!!”  to a driver upon my airport arrival; but, things didn’t really work out the way I’d planned. Instead, the shouting was directed towards an older couple as I argued about the amount of luggage I’d packed. Didn’t they know I was moving??????!!!
They did not offer me a ride. 

I didn’t give up on the jazz though and have been to a few concert so far, one of which I haggled an 80 year old board member of a jazz club for his business card in order to email him my qualifications to be the club secretary. Simultaneously, I was also staring uncomfortably intently at one of the band members. The stare was made worse as I was also sitting uncomfortably close to him. 
I have not heard back about this position.

In other news: I just unzipped my high-waisted pants because I consumed too much butter.
Well guys, the rest of your life starts NOW, so go start livin it!!!!!
La vida loca.

I’m outy.

No comments:

Post a Comment